I promised yesterday on Facebook that I would share a couple of recipes with you today– so, as promised here is my recipe for Taco Soup and a new recipe I tried for Apple Rings (think Onion Rings, but with Apples– you could also make them like fries!)
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey ( I use 1 of each)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 regular sized cans pinto beans
- 1 regular sized can pink black beans
- 1 regular sized can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 regular sized can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 Big can diced tomatoes
- Diced jalepenos to taste
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix (I mix together my own taco seasoning)
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch dressing mix (comes in a packet)
- Corn chips, sour cream and cheese for garnish
Brown the ground meat and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker.
Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños,Why, yes…I do have a pink handled santoku knife 🙂
Add taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
To serve, ladle soup and sprinkle cheese and chips on top.
Ps. If you would like my homemade taco seasoning recipe, here it is 🙂
Taco Seasoning – can be multiplied and adjusted according to tastes.
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt or salt to taste if you are on a low sodium diet
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3-5 large apples, peeled
- Canola oil for frying
- Cinnamon and sugar
Using 3-5 apples, slice, and cut into rings using various sizes of biscuit cutters. oops- I left one of the peels on!
Dip in batter, and fry in canola oil- in a frying pan or in a fryer, til golden brown.
Remeove from oil, and sprinkle w/ cinnamon and sugar.
Use your favorite cream cheese or vanilla frosting recipe to use as dipping or drizzle over apple rings. 🙂
I hope you like the recipes–and for those of you who HAVE to HAVE a crafting fix– here is a quick Gypsy tip in less than a minute 🙂 It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these-because my Gypsy was sick, but I found this one that I never published!! LOL