Remember when I told you, that we snack all day on Christmas Eve?
Well, this year we have a new addition to the food lineup…. made by my sister 🙂
Olive Penguins and Igloo Cheese Ball!
Here is the Recipe for you to wow your friends this Holiday season!
- 10 jumbo black olives, pitted
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 10 small black olives
- 1/2 carrot
- Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each jumbo olive. Carefully insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into each olive. Slice the carrot into eighteen 1/4 inch thick rounds; cut a small notch out of each carrot slice to form feet. Save the cut out piece and press into center of small olive to form the beak. If necessary cut a small slit into each olive before inserting the beak.
- Set a big olive, large hole side down, onto a carrot slice. Then, set a small olive onto the large olive, adjusting so that the beak, cream cheese chest and notch in the carrot slice line up. Secure with a toothpick.
Igloo Cheese Ball
- 2 packages Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 1 package Dry Ranch Dip Mix (you can find this in the Salad Dressing Section of your store)
- 1 cup of finely shredded Sharp Cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (if you don’t like nuts, you can omit)
Cream the cream cheese, add ranch dip mix and shredded cheese. Make sure the dip mix is mixed very good into the cream cheese. Form into an igloo shape. Add ‘bricks’ using a toothpick and ENJOY!
I hope you all enjoyed this cute treat!
Enjoy your Holidays!
Rebekah, the Pink Sister.
Here’s wishing all of you have yourself a Merry Little Christmas! 🙂 I got my wish today– as it snows, big snowflakes outside and covers everything in white 🙂
Thank you all for being so wonderful and encouraging this year as I ventured into this blogging world! You are all so AMAZING!